How to upload
1. Choose EIGHT or less of your best photos and/or videos taken during our tour. Do not choose those showing identifiable people without their permission.
2. If you desire, add your watermark.
3. Caption – you must add EXIF (Metadata) data to each photo BEFORE you upload to create the photo captions.
a. Use your favorite photo-editing tool, such as Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, or Lightroom, or the editing tool that came with your camera.
b. Add your caption in the Description field of the EXIF (Metadata) data for each photo.
c. See the following instructions if you need help finding where to add the EXIF data for Adobe Photoshop and Camera Raw (Bridge).
d. The Description field for each photo must contain, at a minimum: (1) subject, (2) author, and (3) date taken
e. We encourage you to add a thorough photo narrative that includes species, location name and describes the action in the photo.
f. Please do not include last names of people, unless it is your own.
g. Example Description field: “We found this curious Marine Otter scrambling into the water from the islets of Punihuil off of Chiloe Island, Chile. We later watched it gobble worms that it caught on the bottom of the sea as it floated on it’s back. By Doug Cheeseman in March 2012.”
h. This description will be then become part of the photo file and hence uploaded with the photo to create the caption.
i. Photos without (1) subject, (2) author, and (3) date taken will be deleted.
4. Save your photos in JPEG format.
5. Use the special link provided by Cheesemans’ to upload your photos to the proper gallery. It is very easy to drag your photos from your computer folder to this website to upload them.