This Norwegian Lutheran Church is in the small town of Grytviken on South Georgia. It was prefabricated in Norway and erected by the whalers in 1913. There have been several marriages and a few baptisms, but the church has been used more often for funerals and concerts. As various times, the church has been used as a library, cinema and store. It was near collapse when saved by extensive restoration work between 1996 and 1998. By Debbie Thompson on November 2, 2007.